Working across a spectrum of proprietary vendor systems and Open Source platforms for this leading technology organisation. You will need to be mindful of skilling up those around you and driving knowledge sharing. You will influence direction based upon the support requirements of the Operations Center of the emerging technologies that will be the production environments of the companies future.
- Support all current company and Customer operational database environments.
- Adopt new skills across multiple emerging Cloud and in House platforms.
- Mentoring, development and training of the wider team and yourself.
- Champion development and improvement of processes as part of on-going work.
- Drive cross team communication.
- Drive proactive efforts to prevent issues
- Experience supporting critical production infrastructure
- Fault finding/diagnostics/trouble-shooting skills.
- Oracle database administration
- PostgreSQL database administration
- Passion for open source technologies
- Methodical approach to problem solving and attention to detail.
- Strong people and communication skills.
- Proficient documentation skills.
- Experience of supporting NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB, Cassandra/DataStax
- Knowledge of OpenStack, Ceph, Puppet, Python.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Data Guard and RMAN
- Experience of Amazon Web Services (Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, EC2) and / or Google Cloud Platform (App Engine, Compute Engine, Cloud Storage)